Writer-producer-director, Robert Meyer Burnett, charges into the breech once again as the Imagination Connoisseurs of the Post-Geek Singularity talk about the pressing issues facing today’s world of genre entertainment on the July 8th edition of ROBSERVATIONS.
Today, RMB discusses Disney’s new MULAN, tokenism in comics and much more, including …
• After an update on the earthquake situation in Los Angeles, Rob shared this article from the Post Millenial website about the latest fad for the younger generation … randomly spoiling products in supermarkets. Yikes.
• Justin Mc, another fellow Imagination Connoisseur, doesn’t agree with the fan-outrage over the new MULAN movie coming from Disney. He also has a thing or two to say about Hallie Bailey’s casting as Ariel. And both opinions are well worth the read.
• Ian DJ Samuels, a new Imagination Connoisseur, writes in about his love of STAR WARS, Batman and STAR TREK and where each franchise has let him down.
• Imagination Connoisseur and comics shop impresario, Jakob Fudge, shares his thoughts and concerns about the impact of token hires, outrage culture, identity politics and click-bait headlines when it comes to the future of comics.
• Imagination Connoisseur, Christopher Collins, writes in to ask the Post-Geek Singularity if there’s still any value to be found in the silent films of the early 1900s?
• Imagination Connoisseur, Dan Hensley, writes in to the Post-Geek Singularity again to ask for opinions and information about 007’s comic book adventures.
And finally …
• Imagination Connoisseur, Stubble McShave, writes in to ask if it’s possible for weird-ness to be too weird?
… plus super-chat questions from viewers, movie tips, and more.
About Robert Meyer Burnett
Best known for FREE ENTERPRISE, starring Emmy winners William Shatner and Eric McCormack, Rob Burnett offers his own unique perspective on the entertainment industry in his daily “Robservations” video blogs.
(Originally aired: July 8, 2019 – 1:53:06)