Writer-producer-director, Robert Meyer Burnett, takes a swing through the latest news in the world of genre entertainment in this, the July 9th edition of ROBSERVATIONS. Among the subjects RMB covers in this chat …
• Is Netflix’s business model doomed? RMB provides some context and identifies the major obstacles facing the services long-term sustainability.
• Lewis Yu, a frequent participant in the ROBSERVATION streams sends in a thoughtful letter about the problems vexing the movie and TV business today – and provides a suggestion as to how we can deal with them.
• Disney fans seem split on the fact the live-action version of MULAN won’t have singing, dancing or sassy dragons a deal-breaker? Find out what one Imagination Connoisseur had to say and hear RMB’s response.
• Fellow Imagination Connoisseur, Kyle Arking, saw Spider-Man: Far From Home this weekend and wanted to talk to somebody about what’s on his mind: Spider-Man 2, starring Tobey McGuire.
• Another letter from Imagination Connoisseur, Catalin KITT (from Romania), who gives a rundown of how DISCOVERY works (or doesn’t) to build interest in the STAR TREK sci-fi franchise.
Plus comments and Super Chats from live-stream viewers and much more!
About Robert Meyer Burnett
Best known for FREE ENTERPRISE, starring Emmy winners William Shatner and Eric McCormack, Rob Burnett offers his own unique perspective on the entertainment industry in his daily “Robservations” video blogs.
(Originally aired: July 09, 2019 – 1:55:44)