Personality-defining movies and the return of Wong Kar-Wai
What are the ten movies you’d give to someone who really wanted to know you? Writer-producer-director, Robert Meyer Burnett, talks about how we judge either other based on the books we read, the movies we watch and the media we consume. Rob also discusses a number of other issues facing movie goers and streamers today, including …
- Chinese director Wong Kar-Wai‘s new film, BLOSSOMS, will debut this year (starring Kris Wu)
- Anson Mount’s departure from STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, what’s it mean for Season 3?
- Is Rob the “nicest man on YouTube”?
- What’s it like growing up as a geek in different parts of the world (like Yugoslavia)?
- What is “the Singularity” (per Ray Kurzweil) and, more importantly, what is the “Post-Geek Singularity” (per Rob Burnett)?
- Exploring the beauty of everyday – the beauty of the mundane – through the movie WINGS OF DESIRE
- What are the movies that define your soul? (Leave answers in the comments section below on this page.)
- Why loving genre entertainment (like superheroes) is expressing an optimism about the future (and potential) of mankind.
… plus super-chat questions from viewers, movie tips, and more.
NOTE: There were some technical difficulties getting the stream started today and Rob lost the chat feed about an hour into the discussion, resulting in him not seeing any of the subsequent SuperChat questions or general questions (hence, the shorter stream time). Rob has promised to answer all of the SuperChat questions on a companion video and post it later tonight/tomorrow.
About Robert Meyer Burnett
Best known for FREE ENTERPRISE, starring Emmy winners William Shatner and Eric McCormack, Rob Burnett offers his own unique perspective on the entertainment industry in his daily “Robservations” video blogs.
(Originally aired: March 20, 2019 – 1:06:37)