Marvel Studios, AVENGERS: ENDGAME, and the best franchise ever?
Writer-producer-director, Robert Meyer Burnett, explains how Marvel Studios has been able to put together a 22-0 record when it comes to making hit movies and, quite possibly, the most successful IP franchise in the history of filmmaking. Also in today’s Robservation, RMB covers a number of other subjects, including …
- Why the success or failure of the Marvel Studios depends on Kevin Fiege.
- The importance of putting your characters ahead of your universe.
- What does it mean if CAPTAIN MARVEL brings in $1B at the box office?
- Should we separate the art from the artist once it’s been created?
- RMB swears off speculating on AVENGERS: ENDGAME – yet he’s willing to offer his opinion as to who is going to die in the movie.
- Why isn’t there a blu-ray disc of STAR WARS: THE MOTION PICTURE (Director’s Cut)?
- Doesn’t Mr. Spock have enough of a personal struggle? Does he really NEED to have a learning disability (like he does in STAR TREK: DISCOVERY)?
- Why haven’t the directors of the STAR WARS movies succeeded like the directors selected to direct the MCU films?
- What was wrong with STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI
… plus super-chat questions from viewers and more!
About Robert Meyer Burnett
Best known for FREE ENTERPRISE, starring Emmy winners William Shatner and Eric McCormack, Rob Burnett offers his own unique perspective on the entertainment industry in his daily “Robservations” video blogs.
(Originally aired: March 14, 2019 – 1:39:53)