CAPTAIN MARVEL and the problem with nostalgia
Writer-producer-director, Robert Meyer Burnett, takes a look back at nostalgia (see what we did there?), CAPTAIN MARVEL and much more in today’s Robservation, including …
- Did CAPTAIN MARVEL steel a bootleg Nine Inch Nails t-shirt in her movie?
- RMB takes a closer look at the very human trait of viewing the past in a way that sets an impossible standard for the present to reach (let alone surpass) – by the way, here’s a link to the piece Rob references in his commentary
- If you can only choose one Hot Toy figure, what would you choose? RMB has a few pointers …
- Who owns the rights to Kang the Conquerer? Will he eventually be a part of the MCU (or not)?
- What would a David Cronenberg-directed Star Wars look like – sit back and let Rob break it down for you (imagine Videodrome meets Attack of the Clones).
- Why should you want to watch old movies (like from the 30’s, 40’s and 50’s)?
- The future of FREE ENTERPRISE: THE WRATH OF SHATNER (the sequel to RMB’s FREE ENTERPRISE feature film) – will it happen, or not?
… plus super-chat questions from viewers and more!
About Robert Meyer Burnett
Best known for FREE ENTERPRISE, starring Emmy winners William Shatner and Eric McCormack, Rob Burnett offers his own unique perspective on the entertainment industry in his daily “Robservations” video blogs.
(Originally aired: March 13, 2019 – 1:09:30)